For those who don't already know, most likley if your not from Britain, Sir 'Ming' Cambell, the leader of one the top 3 British political parties had resigned abrutley yesterday evening....Well I mean all I can say is....ABOUT TIME!
Speaking AS a liberal democrat, I can't stress how annoying it is for a man of his age, to find his way into leadership of a political party and or a country. I mean obviously if he got into the leadership game 20 years before that would been a different story, but nearing 70 now, I dont think hes in, or was in any condition to fight an election.
Now I mean I agree with the arguement that he was just a 'caretaker', someone to clean up the mess or to steady the ship (take your pick of metaphors), though how could such a person even to begin with allowed to lead a party such as the liberal democrats in the position they found themselves in to allow him to fight a general election is beyond me.
All I can say is, good luck to the Ming and IF only 20 years before may you have seen a decent general election under your command. Though for now, I think with the political situation it is now, with the other 2 parties taking the spotlight, its time for the lib dems to hit back with a statement; a show of resolve, renewal and repentence to the mistakes of the last few general elections.
Leadership in this day and age needs to be AGGRESIVE, media compatible, young and maintain strong party support within all of their party thus truly representing their parties views.
If the electorate feel that the leadership is strong and the ENTIRE party is with him then the parties values which in my opinion seem to be the saviour to this country, which is declining in values, respect and love.
This is the chance for the liberal democrats to offer their party, FINALLY and im sure to the growing nervousness now of the other two parties a credible leadership which in todays world means life or death to the claim of goverment control. I do believe that liberal values and the absolute and unwavering support on the value of personal freedoms is a complete U-turn in the direction that the other identical partie(s) are driving us towards.
Im sure most people are absolutley tired with the rotary system of abuse we've been enduring under these 2 parties in the places where it matters; the infringement of personal freedoms, the continual drive towards centralisation, the growing trend towards empowering the state, leglislation overflow to cover tracks of national and international crimes (anti-terror laws, invasion of Iraq etc), the list goes on.
Im personally fed up and to the point of not giving a damn about politics altogether. Though, after being a part of the party for many years and campaigning in elections before, during and after. I've met the people, ive read the literature of all parties, i've fought the dirty battles in this large war for political influence.
Now after leaving school and gradually having more time to myself, I get to research articles, take part in politics, take part in discussions on/offline, keep track of current events better and usually look past the media fabrications to see blurrs of the truth (the truth is always hard to obtain, guess thats why so many so happily settle for whats pressented before them). Anyways, the point being im more poltically involved, aware and less distraught.
Less distraught because up until now the iggnorance of people had gotten me down constantly. Things like, how people can vote in a man like Bush twice, how people can vote in labour thrice and how people couldn't give a damn about the enviorment. Then after this period of poltiical education, this period of reflection and education Im slowly coming to the realisation and understanding of how people think, why they think that and what are the variables/influences to peoples thinking.
It'll take time before I have a conclusion on all of that, it may take months, years, decades, though as I decide what I want to do with my life is how I use that conclusion. Until then, I think this or a similair blog is extremely useful and the fact that the party which basically encompesses all my beliefs is set to make a HUGE party change towards Christmas is something that im very looking forward too.
Hopefully they finally as a party realise the scene of British Politics and choose a leader to suite that 'scene'. Or they end up making the wrong decision, regretting it, dividing the party further, causing defections, loss of national and internal member support all over the country aswell as largley declining in MP strength.
My vision for the party is to choose a leader that I've already stated under my guidelines, Strong, Young and true to the party. If we have a leader with those qualities AND able to be media friendly, well then my friends, the party has a great chance of tasting power in a hung parliament in the next election. Till then, that leader has to battle hard in parliament, the media and within the party itself to solidfy his campaign for a liberal goverment to which the country is unfortunate to not have seen for almost nearly a century. This leadership election, could be the begining of something great, not in the sence of rhetoric, I mean literally. For reasons way too long to list in an already large blog post to which I have other matters I wish to post. For all the eligble people able to vote who dont bother who are an increasing number as the rotary parties day by day drag this country into social decline we need a fresh party, with new values, new ideas instead of the rotary parties who borrow each other policies, mps and scandal records pretty much all the time.
It of course isn't my job to persuade you to change your values or you're beliefs, if I tried that i'd be ;
a) idiotic for wasting my time
b)Iggnorant of your personal resolve to your beliefs
c) Unknowing of how people work
I would simply say, you don't need to get involved in politics right away, though immediatley, you need to educate yourself, not through maths, science, degrees, diplomas, thats not a neccessaity since that is a Goverment median to distorting peoples values and thought patterns into a way which moulds their ideal society.
The only thing that matters is that you penetrate through the 'ideal society', avoid conforming and EDUCATE yourself. Find the truth, all over the internet, read different theories from all sides, dont just feed your resentments, go in with an open mind and feed it with something healthy for once. The internet is the ONLY uncensored median of information on this planet, goverments are trying to change that as more people realise and clamber on it for information to which their is LOTS.
Well I guess im starting to create a tradition now of long posts, hopefully which though will be broken soon enough and on a frequent basis. Until then, I bid my millions of restless adoring readers a warm thankyou for reading and 'cya till a see ya'.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hope you enjoy studying.....and find that one thing you were born to do.
Post a Comment